The #1 blog of International Village Condominium Association in Inverrary, Fla., keeping unit owners informed about important issues affecting the community

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Camera meeting postponed – again!

For the second time, a planned special meeting to consider a proposed $150,000 camera surveillance system has been postponed. International Village Board of Directors President and chief camera project proponent Marvin Tow decided to reschedule the meeting from Nov. 4 to Nov. 11 after two Board members whose votes he was counting on informed him they would not be able to attend on the 4th. The meeting had originally been scheduled for Oct. 14, but that date was scrapped after many of you complained about the rush to hold a meeting at a time when three Board members were out of town.

Hopefully, this delay will allow more returning snowbirds and other seasonal occupants to attend. The Monday, Nov. 11 meeting will begin at 7 p.m. in the clubhouse. As I mentioned in my last e-mail/blog post, at the request of many of you I am preparing a petition to challenge the $150,000 camera project if the Board unwisely decides to approve it without putting the issue to a vote of unit owners as required by Florida law and affirmed in a recent ruling of the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation.

I must say I am surprised by Mr. Tow's latest mass e-mail to owners attacking me (which he failed to copy me on), in which he so strenuously objects to the idea of letting owners vote on the camera issue, since he has repeatedly and emphatically claimed that his views on cameras represent the opinion of the overwhelming majority of unit owners. I would have thought that he would welcome the opportunity to prove his case with a referendum on the project, especially since it won't cost us anything if we combine it with our upcoming Board of Directors election in January.

If you would like to sign the petition demanding a vote on cameras, let me know, or meet me at the Halloween costume party/potluck dinner this Saturday, Nov. 2, from 5 to 9 p.m. in the clubhouse, as I will have copies of the petition with me. I will be wearing a privateer’s hat to signify my dislike for Big Brother-style schemes to invade our privacy with cameras galore which, speaking of Halloween, I find rather creepy.

But most of all, come to the party this Saturday to have fun with your neighbors. Our social activities committee chairman John Henderson has been working hard to organize this event for everybody’s enjoyment, so plan on being there and having a good time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank your for your comment. It will be posted following system review.