The #1 blog of International Village Condominium Association in Inverrary, Fla., keeping unit owners informed about important issues affecting the community

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Thank you

Let me take this opportunity to once again thank all the unit owners who voted for me on Feb. 26 to represent you on the Board of Directors. I am humbled and honored by the confidence you have placed in me, and I hope to prove worthy of your trust. But I need your help to keep me informed of issues on your mind, and I am asking for your continued involvement and input so we can work together to make our beautiful Village a better place to live.

As I said during the campaign, I was motivated to run because of my concern about the rising maintenance fees and assessments and their financial impact on unit owners. In the current economic environment, I believe the most prudent course of action is to postpone any major projects that would require another assessment or maintenance fee increase on top of what people have already had to pay. Let's give people some time to get their finances back in order as the real estate market continues to recover, which will bring more buyers and maintenance revenues to International Village and help our budget situation without raising fees or assessments.

I also want to encourage unit owners to get more involved in volunteering their time and energy to join committees, plan social activities and carry out beautification projects that don't cost the association anything but foster a greater sense of community and improve our quality of life in the Village.

Once again, I want to express my gratitude to everyone who supported me in the election as well as my sincere hope that you will stay involved and connected.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank your for your comment. It will be posted following system review.